I have been super busy as of late, and blogging has fallen to second priority behind work, classes, and sleeping. That being said, I’m feeling a little random today and think I will give you an update through another Friday Five. So here it goes!
1. Homemade Protein Bars. So the hubby and I have been devouring protein bars lately, particularly Clif Builder Bars for him and Luna bars for me. I LOVE Luna bars with a deep passion. However, I’m really concentrating on watching my sugar intake lately, and these bars don’t have the best stats. I haven’t had the Clif Builder Bars, but my guess is they are also loaded with sugar. Not to mention, both are hard on the wallet! So, this week I tried my hand at making my own bars. The first batch turned out…okay…. They were a little too crumbly and crunchy. After a lot of research I found this recipe from the Zahlmann Zoo Crew blog. These look amazing, I can’t wait to try them!
2. Back to the Gym. I got motivated, finally this week and dragged my butt back to the gym. On a whim, I decided to forego my typical Elliptical workout and take a Butt, Legs, and Thighs class. Shortly after the class began, I wanted to cry. Muscles I did not even know I had were screaming out for mercy. I anxiously glanced at the clock to see how much time had passed. Surely, the class was already half over. My legs were writhing! But then, to my horror – only 5 minutes had passed! Needless to say, the rest of the class was not pretty at all. The rest of the week required some very skillful stair climbing and utilizing the handicap bars while going to the restroom.
3. I totally skipped class on Tuesday. I did not feel like going to class to sit and listen to my Russian instructor for 3 hours. Instead, this was the day I decided to go take the Butt, Legs, and Thighs workout. Class for exercise. Balances out, right?
4. Last weekend was my birthday. I celebrated with family, friends, and had lots of cake. It was wonderful and I am so thankful for all the love and laughs we shared.
5. I have very few plans this weekend. It will be absolutely glorious. The only thing on my “to do” list for this weekend is rest and relaxation. I heart those weekends.
Do you like to relax on the weekends, or jam pack them full of activities?
Have a great weekend!