Happy Friday everyone!
Whew! What a week. It seems like it has been a long one. There was a few mornings this week when my alarm went off I was like, Really? How can it be time to get up already? I was sooo tired. Nonetheless, I made it through, and I’m super proud that I already have gotten in three terrific workouts this week.
Well, it’s Friday, so I thought a Friday Five post was only appropriate.
1. Cold-Brewing. For the longest time, Hubby and I have used the Crystal Light-like drink mixes to mix pitchers of water. I know, I know. Definitely not the best option because they are full of artificial flavoring, but I at least thought this was a step above soda. I love tea, but I am always too lazy to go to the trouble of boiling the water and brewing the tea. After doing a little research, I decided I would try just putting the tea bags in a cold water pitcher overnight and see what happens. I chose the Salada Raspberry tea, with the family size pitcher bags. Guess what? Worked perfectly! And there are a TON of flavors, so I can’t wait to try the others!
2. Bunnery Granola and Pancake Mix. This company was kind enough to send me a HUGE selection of their granola and pancake mix blends to try. There’s no words, except AMAZING. I will be doing a full review soon after I’ve had a chance to try out a few more of the blends.
3. Taboo. Have you seen this show? It’s on the National Geographic Channel. It’s been on for awhile, but I’ve just recently gotten back into watching it. The people on the show make my Psychology mind go wild. I love it!
4. Fitness and Nutrition Certification. Well, I finally came out of the closet, so to speak this week. Although I have still been contemplating seeking a personal training certification or nutrition certification to supplement my counseling practice, I had yet to disclose this to my colleagues at work. Call it fear or embarrassment, but part of me felt they might think my idea to be silly or a waste of time. It was only after my Supervisor mentioned her ambition to pursue Equine Therapy when she retires, that I felt comfortable enough to disclose. They thought it was a great idea! So, now I feel even more pumped about my idea.
5. Fur Babies. Have you guys met my kiddos? I don’t think you have officially. I realized in the picture above that Chester was in the background and you guys might be wondering about him. Chester is our little Shih Tzu. He’s about 3 years old and so much fun. Our cat, goes by the name Toby on his records. But in our home, he’s Kitty. I don’t know why, it’s just always been that way, haha! Can you tell they get along? Hehe. Not really. This photo was a rare moment when they were both huddled together. Chester wants the Kitty to be his friend SO bad! It’s so funny when he’ll follow the cat around and try to get him to play. Most of the time, I think the cat just tolerates him.
Well, that’s all I have for today. Hope all of you have a great weekend!
Have you ever tried cold-brewing?
If so, do you have any brands or flavors I should try?