It’s been a while since I checked in. I have been hard at work on a very exciting project and I am finally happy to share it with all of you. I am officially opening my doors and accepting clients for my counseling and consulting services, Madden Wellness Counseling, PLLC !
Let me formally introduce my practice to all of you by telling you a little about some of the things I might be able to help out with. In offering my services, I strive to introduce a comprehensive approach to helping clients discover the real reasons behind their failed attempts at making lasting changes for their wellness concerns. At my practice, obesity and other wellness concerns are viewed as a clinical problem and thus, are treated with evidence-based, clinical interventions such as cognitive behavioral therapy, cognitive restructuring, self monitoring techniques and building mindfulness skills.
Some of the issues I can help:
- Weight Management
- Self Confidence
- Body Image Issues
- Stress Reduction
- Disordered Eating
- Motivation and Goal Setting
- Psychological Intervention for Sport and Exercise (Mental Toughness Exercises)
- Performance Concerns in Sport and Exercise (Strengthening Focus)
Although my clinic is based in Kentucky, I am also excited to say I am offering Teletherapy Consultation for those outside of the state of Kentucky. In these consultations, I can help you with a variety of different issues, including diet log analysis and feedback, brief intervention for food issues, exercise motivation strategies, health and wellness coaching, and much more! For those within the state of Kentucky, Teletherapy treatment is also available for any of the issues mentioned above. If you have any questions or if you’re interested in any of these services, please feel free to contact me for a FREE 30 minute consultation.
And to celebrate the opening of my practice, I am offering a GIVEAWAY! The winner will receive one FREE Teletherapy Consultation to last approximately 1 hour. This consultation will consists of ONE of the following topics, winner’s choice:
- Dining or Restaurant Consultation – In this session, we will discuss tips and strategies for staying on track while dining out with others or among family. I will provide evidence-based interventions that have been proven to be successful. We can also discuss any concerns and issues you have during dining out experiences and I will provide feedback.
- Grocery Store Consultation – In this session, I will provide guidance on the games grocery stores play on their consumers to get them to buy products, as well as ways in which you can stay strong in making healthy choices while shopping.
- Sport/Exercise Psychology Consultation – In this consultation, we can discuss any motivational problems or concerns you may be experiencing for your exercise routine (or lack thereof). I can provide proven strategies that will help you be successful and maintain your goals.
- Food and Diet Log Evaluation – Although I am not a Nutritionist, I do have graduate training and specialize in disordered eating and obesity. As such, I have also completed training in nutrition. With this consultation, I can take a look at your diet log and I can provide helpful tips and feedback for you to optimize your tracking tool.
To enter the giveaway, follow the instructions in the Rafflecopter link below. You must FOLLOW me on Twitter and LIKE the Facebook page, but the rest are optional. Choose as many as you wish, as many times as you wish. The more you do, the more entries you will have! The winner will be announced on Saturday, August 1st!
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a personal trainer. However, I am a Licensed Counselor in the state of Kentucky and have significant training in disordered eating, obesity and addictions issues. Teletherapy Consultation is NOT counseling or treatment and thus, a Treatment Plan is not created, nor is a diagnosis provided. Teletherapy Consultation is intended to provide brief intervention, feedback and advice regarding a client’s current goals.